This document explains in detail how Silverstone Rally School collects, stores and uses personal data collected.
2. Collecting personal information
We collect your data (subject to your consent) via our website, social media and promotional events.
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information that you provide when registering with our website (including your email address, phone number and postal address)
- information that you provide when completing your online profile (including your name, gender)
- information that you provide when signing up to any distribution lists to receive correspondence from us (including name, email and postal address)
- information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services, including any other transaction details made via any of our websites (including your postal address, email, telephone number and payment details)
- juniors, where a person is under the age of 17, consent from whomever holds parental responsibility for the child will need to authorise consent
3. Using personal information
Personal data we receive will be used for the purposes it was provided, including:
- to meet the terms of your order
- enable your use of the services available on our website
- send you goods purchased through our website
- supply to you, services purchased through our website
- send statements, invoices and payment reminders to you, and collect payments from you
- send you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter)
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information)
4. Disclosing personal information
- We may disclose your personal information to any of our staff, agents, suppliers or subcontractors where it would be reasonable to do so. (If consent is necessary to facilitate this sharing, we will ensure it is obtained prior to processing).
- We may be legally obliged to disclose your personal information to the extent that we are required to do so by law.
- In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings.
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Third Parties, the following companies receive your personal data for the reasons listed:
- Royal Mail / 3rd party – to allow delivery of a purchase
- Financial institutes – to allow / provide purchase payment transactions
- Lindop Brothers – payroll / accounts functions
- Motorsport UK – rally licence applications
- British Association of Rally Schools – BARS assessments only
- Experience companies – if vouchers purchased, e.g. Virgin Experience Days
- Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to any other third parties.
5. Security of personal information (website and server(s))
- We will take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- We will store all the personal data you provide on our secure servers.
- All details of financial transactions entered via our website will be protected by encryption technology.
- Email correspondence using HTTP/2
Website & Booking System
6. Your rights
- You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you, via a Subject Access Request (SAR)
- Upon receipt of such a request we will, after confirming identity, provide all relevant data we may hold for you in the most practical format unless otherwise stipulated and reasonably possible.
- We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
- If you instruct us to no longer process your personal data we will do so as quickly as possible.
- If you instruct us to destroy any/all of your personal data we may hold we will do so as quickly as possible.
- If you instruct us to cease all processing for marketing purposes we will do so as quickly as possible.
- You may use the unsubscribing link on the website to cease further communications.
8. Data Protection Officer
Our Data Protection Officer is Miss Sharon Ford and any Data Protection issues can be directed to the Data Protection Officer via writing to Silverstone Rally School, Silverstone Park, Silverstone Northants NN12 8TJ or emailing email@example.com
Should we be unable to resolve a concern you may choose to contact the ICO for guidance: - Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow Cheshire. SK9 5AF. Telephone: 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545745. Fax: 01625 524510
Naturally this policy may change / be updated in line with legislation requirements and business operational reasons. We would advise you to review this document every 3 months for any changes / additions which will be highlighted.